Monday, April 20, 2009

Why am I Just Sitting Here

I have so much work to do. I have so much work to do before Wednesday comes. I am not working. I am not doing anything. I am sitting here at the computer and doing just that - Sitting.

Sitting and thinking.

Thinking about the swimming suit I need to go buy tomorrow. Owen and I are headed to see Emilee and the kids on Wednesday and we are headed to some warmth in good old Southern Utah. I hate swimming. I can't swim. It is impossible for me to go under water without plugging my nose. I hate wearing a swimming suit. I always send Greg to swim with Owen and I enjoy myself in the warm indoor pool air and read. It is so nice. This time however, Greg will not be coming. I have to swim with Owen. Sigh. Now, not only do I have to swim, but I have to swim while 7 months pregnant.

Thinking about the strange movements in my belly, watching my tummy wiggling and shaking as she tries to find some comfort in an ever shrinking space.

Thinking about my doctor's appointment tomorrow. Wishing I could pack up my doctor from Utah and move him here.

Thinking about how long 10 weeks feels but yet thinking how fast 10 weeks goes by.

Thinking about how I should be working.

Thinking about the need for a new chair to work in during the next 10 weeks.

Thinking how happy I am that I didn't have to give up my favorite cereal due to gestational diabetes. Kashi Heart-to-Heart Honey Toasted Oat. I wish it were morning now.

Yes, here I am, not working. To those of you who know just how much I have to do, I apologize. For some reason I just can't get it done tonight. Tonight, I am just sitting. Sitting and thinking. Not working.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Sometimes in the quiet of the evening you just need to sit and meditate and try to solve all of the problems of the world. There are times when our mind wanders and we just have to follow it! I'll bet Emilee is excited to have you here. It will be fun to swim with Owen - there won't be many days left when it is just the two of you. Enjoy it!
Love you tons,
Aunt Cathy

Momma J said...

My philosophy is listen to your body...if it says "Just sit and think" then you do it. There will be less and less time to do that and it's so important. I'm excited to see you and Owen and baby girl!