Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pregnancy: Week 29

73 days left.

I attended my diabetes class on Friday. I learned what I had already figured out. 30 grams of carbs for breakfast, 15 grams for after breakfast snack, between 45 and 60 grams of carbs for lunch, 15 grams for after lunch snack, between 45 and 60 grams for dinner, and 15 grams for after dinner snack. I also learned how to poke my finger and test my glucose levels. So far things are good. I am supposed to have levels lower than 125 two hours after eating and I have to test 4x per day. My levels have been 61, 75, 74, 104, 85 to name a few. That makes me believe 1. that I am really good at following the recommended diet. or 2. I don't have gestational diabetes. I choose 2 but will continue counting my carbs and eating more protein for 73 more days.

At least my testing machine is a cute pink color.
I see the doctor this week, the nutritionist the next week, and the doctor the next week.
Baby still has no hope for a name, although, Owen did suggest Antelope tonight. Pretty sure we will pass on that one but I am glad he is thinking and keeping all options open.

2 comments:

Bits & Pieces said...

The Girl was asking about "Owen's baby's name" the other evening and when I told her that she doesn't have one yet the Girl suggested Earth. I told her that you would probably pass on that one. Ha!!

Patti :) said...

Those are really low numbers! You are not supposed to go below 85. When it is low like that eat something like 1/2 a bannana then test again-I am sorry to say that gestational Diabetes can make you have low numbers too. If it gets below 60 you can go into shock and it will effect the baby-that is why they started my labor with Brenden-I dropped down in the 40s