Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Moment I Have Been Waiting For !! ??

He is getting big. He is getting old.

Owen's New Year's Resolution: transition from diapers to underwear. He informed me yesterday that tomorrow (which is now today) he would go in the potty. "Hooray", I replied.

He woke up today and asked me to change his diaper. Actually he said, "Mom, you really need to get me a new diaper because there is so much pee in this one."

I got the pee diaper off and it was off to the bathroom for some early morning trying to stay positive not loving being pregnant throwing up.

He strolls in with his pants on, and we haven't talked about the diaper all day. He is wearing underwear and quite content with it. Every time we have asked him to wear underwear, he protests and says he loves his diaper. Suddenly, I am profounding aware, that I love his diaper.

Growing up is hard, mostly for the mom.

3 comments:

Bits & Pieces said...

Been there done that! There are moments - like when we are standing in aisle two of the grocery store and the bathroom is in the back corner of aisle 20 and the Girl, who is dancing around, says, "Momma, I really have to pee!" - when I long for the diaper days! Good luck on this journey!

Christine said...

Good Luck! Potty Training sucks! But when your done with it it is awesome. You could be Pam trying to potty train Quads!
Happy New Year and Congrats on being pregnant.

Hansen Family Blog said...

I am just thinkling about Potty training the twins. melody was a NIGHTMARE to potty train and I just don't have it in me to go through that again. I pray that it will all go well for you. Melody still has accidents on a regular basis.