Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Too Much to Do

I am up against some horrible deadlines. I have 2 hours and 14 minutes to finish more work than I can possibly get done. I am sitting here trying to work and this is the conversation going on next to me....

O: "Daddy, I want to climb in your shirt!"

Greg: "I don't want you to climb in my shirt"

O: "Yes!! I want to climb in your shirt and then you will say, Mommy, help me there is a baby in my tummy"

Greg: "No, I don't want to do that"

O: "But we are best friends and best friends like to have me climb in their shirt"

Nothing Greg can do to stop it, Owen climbs in his shirt.

Greg: "Mommy, look at this baby in my tummy, oh, now he is coming out"

O: "Mommy, say "Ohhh, a baby""

Jen: "Ohhhh, a baby, how cute"

Owen climbs back in the shirt and who knows what goes on in there and I really don't want to know, but Greg says he is now uncomfortable and they are done.

O: "Please daddy, just let me get back in your shirt, I won't touch your thing, I won't touch your thing inside your shirt".

Oh heavens, my child is weird.

Now I have 2 hours and 7 minutes to finish too much work.

2 comments:

Momma J said...

Oh Jen, if you did not write this blog, we would never know of these wonderful stories! Thanks for taking time to post it. I love you all!

BYU Hottie said...

Oh my heavens, that is one of the best stories! I can see it all, and just imagine the look on Greg's face. He was semi-laughing, wasn't he?
-Beth Farnsworth Reeves :)