Saturday, October 11, 2008

What in the World

So once upon a time Angie, Alysa, Myself and Owen went to Michaels. We went to find some beads for Angie so that she could make a necklace for her wedding. Angie and I were looking at the string and studying intently which would be better. Alysa came over to us draped in several feather boas. We thought she looked cute and laughed and went back to our project. A few minutes she came over to us and said, "Owen is doing something, Jennifer, you need to come see what he is doing.". "Oh dear, ok, I am coming". I continued to look at string with Angie. "Jennifer, you really need to come and see what Owen is doing." "I am coming".

I slowly make my way around the aisle and to my horror I see what seems like hundreds of feather boas lying on the floor. And he is not done! He is quickly pulling them off of the wall and throwing them in a big pile. "Ahhh!!" I scream. "What are you doing!!!" He continues to do this horrible thing. "Oh my, Oh my, Oh my!!, Alysa! I need your help, we need to put these back. Owen!! You sit down over here and DO NOT MOVE." Alysa and I start to try to hang them back up. I try to sort by colors but then I look at my pile of boas and after hanging and hanging and hanging, it is not moving!! We finally decide we will throw them back up on the wall in any fashion before anyone sees this mess.

Owen is sitting on a low shelf being punished. I think he is sitting nicely. I am WRONG. He is collecting a new pile of boas and stashing them on his low shelf. He slowly takes another and another and another. Seriously!! Who is this child.

Alysa and I are still picking up boas, endlessly picking up boas, when the inevitable happens... the unsuspecting employee heads down our aisle. This woman is obviously angered. She still sees too many boas on the floor and a pile of feathers, stray feathers partly from the boas and partly from the large bag of feathers partially opened which Owen grabbed and shook all over. She says nothing to us, quietly scoops up the remaining pile of boas and storms away. Still not saying anything, she comes back over with a broom and vigorously begins sweeping up the remaining stray feathers. She was so mad. Owen did not care and Noni couldn't stop laughing.







7 comments:

Heather Jones said...

I laughed so hard when I read and saw this. I am always so gald when other peoples kids are as bad as mine. Oh the fun of being a parent. That is so funny and cute.

Patti :) said...

Who took the pictures? Angie while she was laughing at your pain? lol
I never take my kids into craft stores-it is way too scary to even think of!!

Kelli said...

They all have moments of when you look at them and say what are you thinking. Oh to be a kid again and just have fun.

Nanci said...

HOW EMBARASSING! I think I would have to run away and then immediately DIE. Oh my gosh I can't even handle that. I shall be cursed with a crazy boy like you so that I will have to LEARN how to handle that. Oh heavens.

Momma J said...

Jen, this is so funny I still can't stop laughing!!! Does anyone else think Owen needs some boas for Christmas???? It must have felt so good, so soft, so wonderful!

Hansen Family Blog said...

It is good to know that others have crazy kids too. I have had more thatn my share of experiences like this one with Melody. Craft Stores, Food Stores, Departments Stores, Book Stores.......... They are all part of my nightmares. I usually just wait for Danny to be home and then go to the store by myself.

Alysa said...

Not funny, Owie! Jennifer is that funny? NO! I didn't like that day.