Thursday, August 21, 2008

Week in Review

We are enjoying the last of our summer days. As much as I can't wait for a schedule and some order to my life, I am glad that Owen can enjoy the craziness and just be a kid.

My niece Alysa is in town for 2 weeks before Emilee gets here for the wedding. She and Owen are still trying to get used to each other. She seems to love to get him in trouble. She said tonight, "look Jennifer, Owen is throwing that again". "Owen, please don't throw things". "I am not". "Jennifer, he will throw that again, I know he will, just watch". Owen couldn't decide what to do. Teasing Alysa is at the top of his list.

A moment of being friends and getting along (I think they were too tired to do anything else)
Emilee would be so proud of Alysa in her bike helmet. The doctor asked Owen yesterday at his visit if he wears his bike helmet. Owen sat there for a minute thinking then said, "sometimes". Not Alysa. All the time.

Even in her pajamas.

We decided to try out Lake Goodwin and go swim. We get very few really warm days and this was going to be one of those days. We figured we would try it out. It was GREAT!

Owen may not always wear his bike helmet, but he is no stranger to his life jacket! If you replace one life saving device with another, can it still count?
Naturally, another rock throwing picture

Ben came with us, he and I aren't much for swimming, we sat under our shade.

Owen is drying out - in our shade
After the lake we headed to the park for a birthday party. The kids had fun with the pinata.



Grandpa is eating O's elbow

Owen is in love with this book, he has a ridiculous fake laugh and during his favorite part he starts laughing and throws his head back saying he can't stop laughing.
Owen had his well child check up yesterday. They gave him this little bear gown to wear. As he put it on, tears welled up in his eyes and he asked every so nicely if he could please have his clothes back. Oh!! It is so much harder to take them to the doctor when they can actually realize what is happening and feel afraid. He was so brave and did everything the doctor asked him to do. He is nice and healthy - 85%tile for height and 90%tile for weight.
We had to call his dad to distract from the bear suit.


Then it was off to the zoo. I have 100 pictures of animals from the zoo, courtesy of Alysa. Mostly animal butts. She did take this lovely picture of a squirrel.




And then the rain came down! When we were leaving the house in the morning I thought to myself, I should get a jacket. Then I thought to myself, I doubt we will go to the zoo, probably too rainy. Following the doctor's appointment it was nice and sunny and by a majority vote, we went to the zoo. I was terribly unprepared for the rain and while the children had hoods and sweatshirts, I was soaked to the skin. (At least it wasn't the other way around I suppose, I have had those days as well).

Here is my sweet sister Felix patiently drying my shirt.

While I was wearing my yoga mat.

And we close out another week.

1 comment:

Bits & Pieces said...

Classic - yoga mat as attire! I love it -- no one would've come up with this except for you...and maybe Angie.