Friday, August 22, 2008

This is HORRIBLE....

I will never be the same. I was getting ready to leave yesterday and I picked up a jacket off the floor to wear. I came upstairs and took out a bowl for my cereal. I walked over to the cupboard and took out my cereal. Owen informed me that he wanted some cereal with me. I went back to the cupboard and took out another bowl. As I brought my hand out of the cupboard I noticed a small tickle on my hand. I glanced down and to my horror, found this: (I am not ruining my blog by putting the picture directly here, so click on the link). BEWARE!!

It may not have been exactly this spider, but it was this big and it was sitting on my HAND!! My sweet clean hand which I keep washing like a crazy person to try to stop thinking about this horrible experience.

I screamed, flicked the spider off my hand, threw the bowl I was holding in the air and came close to having a heart attack. My dad sat here showing his utter confusion as to what just happened. I pointed to the horrible beast sitting on the floor by his feet and told him best I could that the thing on the floor was on MY HAND!! All the possibilities of how he got there are horrible. 1. He was on my jacket and crawled down my arm while I was walking around the house. 2. He was in the bowl that I was about to give my child or 3. He was sitting on my cereal box. All three options send me into hysterics.

My dad took my industrial size cereal box from Costco and held it out over the counter and while saying "Sorry Charlie", he dropped the box on the monster. He died. I was glad. I threw my cereal box away.

I will never be the same.

4 comments:

Bits & Pieces said...

Hmmm, it was a spider-filled week for you, wasn't it?

Heather Jones said...

That is so awful I would have died for sure. I hate spiders and know you do from all your cups in high school. If this makes you feel better My sister in law brought some towels in from outside and a snake dropped out of them on her in her kitchen!! She was freaking out for a half hour on the couch util her husbabd got home!!So funny dumb creatures don't they know they belong outside!!

Hansen Family Blog said...

In Argentina I had a very similar experience, but wile I was trying to eat my cerial a Trianchula the size of an extended hand was sittling just above my head on my kitchen wall. It's was just a good thing I can move fast and that my Comp was not freaked out like me. She calmly scooped it up on a news paper and let it go outside. I would have rather killed it. I won't even go in to the cocroach stories

Nanci said...

EGH!!!!!!!!!!! WOULD HAVE DIED!!! UGH! It's like Arachnophobia I'm cringing just thinking about it. It's just so possible that it could happen to me. (Although, I have never seen a bug in my house, except this hideous black beetle came flying in my room and landed on my lamp the other night. I was horrified thinking it was a cockroach but it wasn't, thank heavens!)

Every time I say "except" I think of the time we went to Disneyland and we said it a million times.