Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Updates of the Forgotten Life

April has come and gone and here I sit with nothing documented for my future.  It is seriously so very depressing. 

First things first, we made it through the no washer period of our life. 

I look back now and I wonder how that is possible.  How in the world did I manage with 3 kids to not have a washer for 2 1/2 weeks?  Well, let me think.  We made our way to the laundromat on one occasion.  Being there was horrible.  My kids were insane and thought it was one fantastic day.  I was stressed after I realized I only had enough cash for 2 loads (I mean seriously, no credit cards still?) and I had no concept of how many clothes fit into those big machines and people were staring at me.  I panicked and just tried to wash the most important things and get out of there.  People were just sitting there watching us, people who regularly do their laundry there and I could feel their judging eyes as I probably did a laughable small amount of laundry.  We hauled in all of our baskets and then when I realized I didn’t have enough money, I had Owen haul them all back outside as quickly as possible.  There was also the amazing part where Autumn was standing in front of the washer, screaming that she needed to go potty.  I was hoping to at least get our loads going, but as the crying escalated, so did my sweat and I took her.  The best part was the time I realized that I STILL HAD A WORKING DRYER at home! Considering that 1. I had no more money with me and 2. I just really wanted to be done, this was fabulous.  We loaded up all of our wet clothes and went home to dry. 

So, we did that once and then I was too traumatized to go back.  The time we loaded up our clothes and washed at Emilee’s house was much more amazing. 

All in all, we survived but I am so happy that is over.

IMG_2461

IMG_2463

That was fun.

Next up, Ivy. 

No comments: