Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The day she rode her bike

Today was the day Ivy rode on two wheels. She started the other day and was doing great, a little wild, but if her dad got her started she could do the rest.

We didn't really have a time line to learn... Until today. Her cousin Evan took his wheels off today and just got the whole bike riding thing. This made Ivy crazy. I picked her up from school and told her the wonderful news. She painted on a smile and informed me that she probably rode further than him. Because she didn't, I said no.  

"Well, I can do it too and I have a lose tooth."

It is true, her tooth will come out any day but honestly that had nothing to do with anything, but it was all she had. She was devastated. 

Not to be out done by cuzzy, she came home from school, ate lunch, watched a show, and suited up to ride. We discussed balancing and moving without pedaling. After our small discussion and a few tries on her own, she was off by herself. And she could not have been more pleased. 

If I were in her head, I would have heard it saying...... Phew ! That was a close one!!!

A month shy of turning 5, she can ride her bike and her tooth should be out any day now, both of which make her seem terribly old. 

May 28th, the day she rode her bike....also known as the day a bird pooped on my head.  

1 comment:

Momma J said...

Jen - I love this blog! I can picture everything - I love that sweet Ivy - she will accomplish anything because she has motivation that is unbelievable. Please tell her how impressed I am! I saw Greg's video - wow!!!