Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The mouse

The documenting of my life sucks. I just wanted to get that out and with that said, moving on.

A few months ago I looked outside and found a stuffed animal of Owen's lying under a bush. Owen and I brought him inside to be washed. He took a nice hot bath and came out of the dryer nice and fluffy and went on his merry way with Owen. The clothes he was washed with didn't go to the dryer with him, we expedited his appearance in the dryer. So, when it was time to change the wash, I pulled out the clothes, put them in the dryer and turned it on. It was then that I looked in the washer and noticed a pink string at the bottom. As I slowly started to reach my hand in the wash to pick it up, I realized there was more to the string than originally met the eye.

The string was actually a tail and the thing attached to the string was actually a body and a head that belonged to the smallest mouse I had ever seen. I immediately felt violated.

The biggest problem now was what to do. I did the obvious and threw the stuffed animal away. I did the less obvious and called my Orkin guy to see if he was close and could remove it for me. He wasn't, so plan b was to wait for Greg to get home, but the idea of that hideous beast in my wash was consuming me. I was sure it was at least three inches long.

I then did what any reasonable person in my shoes would do. I put on rubber gloves, found a hand mixer beater I didn't need, stuck some tape on the top, and then with garbage bag in tow, it was time.

I opened the wash expecting to find a five inch long mouse, but I think he had lost some of its bloating from the wash cycle and was surprisingly small. I positioned myself, closed my eyes and went in for the stick. I reached in, stuck the poor thing, threw all the mouse catching tools away, and then I rewashed the clothes a few times.

I am still not over it.

No comments: