Thursday, April 12, 2012

1st road trip down

I am not sure why we have never been on a road trip.  Maybe it is because I don’t like to travel much or that we really have nowhere to go.  Well, whatever the reason, it was time.  Angie planned herself a trip to Utah over Easter.  I decided that I didn’t want to book the plane tickets in case Ben’s baby came late, but not wanting to miss out on the annual Grandma Lori Easter egg hunt, we had a potential road trip on our hands.

We left on Thursday and drove all day, 15 hours to be exact.  The kids were wonderful and if anyone is looking to buy a car, I highly recommend the Toyota Sienna with a built in DVD player and wireless headphones.  I am in love.  It was movie after movie until we arrived.  Owen actually watched so many movies that at one point he told me that his ears didn’t work right anymore.  I figured, whatever it takes to make it.  Ivy told me at one point that her car seat made her butt hurt and that this was taking too long.  I told her I completely agreed. 

We saw family, ate yummy food, had fun at the Easter egg hunt, went swimming, walked to the park, tried to ride a ripstick (one of the hardest things I have ever done, I totally didn’t figure it out, and after an almost near death experience, I decided I am entirely too old to try something so dangerous), did a little shopping and loved seeing cousins! It was a trip for the books and 13 hours later on Monday, we arrived home to declare it a success.

IMG_0307IMG_0308IMG_0309IMG_0310IMG_0311IMG_0306IMG_0318IMG_0317IMG_0327

_MG_3699

_MG_3757

_MG_3734

_MG_3741

_MG_3754

_MG_3778

_MG_3802

_MG_3826

_MG_3840

_MG_3858

_MG_3861

_MG_3870

IMG_0322IMG_0321

IMG_0319

_MG_3631

_MG_3654

(and why my kids look like they could be in an old sepia photo from the 1900’s I do not know)

2 comments:

Kathi and Bob said...

Glad you had lots of fun and what stamina...15hours with 3 kids, my hat is off to you! Thanks for the pics, looks like you had great weather and lots of fun!

Momma J said...

I love these photos! I'm so glad to have them - and so happy you guys made the L O N G trip!