Sunday, March 4, 2012

I am hungry

I learned last week that everything has soy in it and that you can be allergic to a banana.

The banana.
I let Autumn hold a banana the other day and she of course put it in her mouth and sucked on it. It wasn't too long after that she ended up with a rash on her face. I thought perhaps it was the banana but who is allergic to a banana. That night she cried and cried and cried. She cried for hours. The next night was more of the same. Because I thought no one was allergic to a banana we let her suck on another one on Friday and she enjoyed it even more. As you can guess, it didn't take long for her face to get red and I could see a rash on her stomach and arms.

I went through my usual internal battle for a few hours as to whether I should take her in and finally decided to go. The dr confirmed it was an allergic reaction to the banana.

We also discussed the rash on her neck that she had prior to the banana that quite possibly arrived after the peanut butter that got on her shirt touched her skin. The dr thought I should stay away from peanuts.

So while I can still eat bananas, I cannot eat soy, dairy, eggs and peanuts. I didn't lose much with the peanuts, only the joy of a piece of peanut butter toast with banana that I eat everyday.

On the plus side there isn't much else to eliminate.

The soy in everything.
Did you know there is soy in the wheat bread at Subway? Or how about the little potatoes at Taco Bell? Or the breadsticks at the Olive Garden?

I am finding that dairy free options contain soy and therefore I am starving. If I don't gain a million pounds when this is over it will be a miracle cause I want to shove my face with deliciousness.

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

Man Jen you are a trooper I would be done nursing for sure!! Poor little girl. Braylon was allergic to dairy and still won't drink milk because he hates the taste I think.He can eat it fine now though. I hope she grows out of it for you!~