Sunday, July 31, 2011

We are back

You know those movies where people stay in a cabin and there is beach playing, attempts at frog catching, game playing, laughing, eating, talking, reconnecting, a little fighting, and enjoying time away as a family?

We did that!!!  All of the above.  And it was a success. 

Greg’s family headed to Tahoe for the week with the following highlights:

1. Meeting Jen’s boyfriend of 3 years for the first time.

2. Having Jen finally meet Ivy.

3. Laughing at the drawings during Telestrations play. (if you are looking for a really fun party game – I totally recommend it).

4. Eating way too much meat (not me and my picky children of course, Greg was in heaven, he hasn’t eaten that adventurous for so many consecutive days since, oh, say 1998)

5. Watching Greg take the kids on the Waverunners.

6. Watching Dave and Eric try mercilessly to get up on the paddle boards. (sorry boys, I am exposing you).

7. Eating ice cream on a cone outside with Greg’s niece Ellie.

8. Miniature golfing twice. (which was Owen’s favorite part of the whole trip)

9. Sitting on the beach with my mother-in-law while the rest frolicked in the water (I am even less of a water person while 32 weeks pregnant).

10. Holding my sleeping baby Ivy on the beach for 3 hours making my total uninterrupted sit time in a beach chair 5 hours.  (oh was it hard to finally get up).

11. Watching Owen and Aubrie play and run around for 5 days.

12. Loving Greg a little more while he slept on the floor so the kids and I could fit comfortably in the bed.

13. Owen on the beach in his life jacket 100 feet from the water.

14. Feeling terrible guilt when my son informed everyone he has never roasted marshmallows. (I am buying a fire pit tomorrow).

15. Being so happy I had my beach umbrella.

16. Feeding Ivy endless snacks on the beach.

17. Loving Greg even a little more that he didn’t go parasailing with the rest just cause I didn’t want him to.

18. Laughing at Owen running around plugging his nose while bacon was cooking.

19. Hearing Ivy call Aubrie (who is 5 by the way) “baby”.

20. Loving it when I found out the house I found on the Internet was actually the house we were staying in.  (I was convinced we sent all our money to the latest scam in Africa and we would arrive to nothing or something much less than the pictures, giant relief!)

21. Enjoying time as a family for a long overdue trip!

Can’t wait till next year!

_MG_0192_MG_0195

_MG_0209_MG_0224_MG_0232_MG_0237_MG_0244_MG_0250_MG_0254_MG_0259_MG_0271_MG_0282_MG_0288_MG_0307_MG_0323

_MG_0338_MG_0339_MG_0345_MG_0352

_MG_0362_MG_0372_MG_0403_MG_0376

(And here is what we do post-vacation)

_MG_0406_MG_0408

2 comments:

Kristi Neeleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi Neeleman said...

Have no fear; Owen HAS roasted mallows. He did it here. He just doesn't remember. So check that off your "I'm a bad mom list" right now.

However, I endorse you (or anyone for that matter) buying a fire pit since it's the greatest thing since .... roasted marshmallows.