Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fan of Hardwood?

I just got my carpets cleaned about a month ago.  You would never know.  It is a stress of my life to look and see so much dirt on the floor.  It isn’t the whole house, just the main floor where we are all time.  I tried adding rugs.  It worked to protect that area but everywhere without a rug is d-i-r-t-y.  I either need to cover the entire carpet with rugs, get new carpet or add in some hardwood floors.  Emilee suggested splitting the room in half and doing hardwood on one half and leaving the carpet on the other. 

I mentioned it to my dad who has a knack for decorating and finding good deals.  He said it would look great, directed me to craigslist, found someone selling the exact amount of flooring I needed, told me what to offer, instructed that I get it and said he would have the client doing his next week come out and do mine too.  It all happened so quickly. 

I called Greg on his way home from baseball and told him to go get money out of the account, drive to this person’s house and pick up my desired hardwood floor.  The guy asked Greg how we were installing it, Greg replied that he didn’t know we were until about 20 minutes prior.  It seems every time Greg leaves, he comes home to new instructions or new projects (It is not my fault, I blame the pregnancy.  All of the additions and changes will be noted soon).

So, the hardwood is here.  The room will be split in half, half carpet, half hardwood.  The new floors will lead in from the garage, in from the back screen door and down from the kitchen. 

Please bless it is what I want. 

(As a side note to the playhouse post, it is pouring rain and has been all day.  Owen and his crew of friends have been in the playhouse for 1.5 hours.  I never realized it would stay so dry and give them a place to play for so long in the rain.  I went out to hang some tap lights for them and they had bowls of snails and slugs.  It is everything I imagined and more)

Now, if the hardwood floors can just work out as beautifully I will be happy.

And Greg will be happy when the next 10 weeks are done and I have all the projects in my head finished up by that point. 

No comments: