Friday, May 13, 2011

Quick Reflection Then Back to Life…

I feel like I never sit down to write anything anymore.  I was simply disgusted when I found out I had 1 lone post in April.  ONE.  What kind of memories am I creating for me and my future.  I decided in May I would turn things around and post all kinds of things about my life.  Here we are almost half way through and what do I have: Yep, ONE post.  So this brings me to the most important question of my day: What do I do with my time and what am I going to do about it? (I suppose that I have posed two questions, but this is a serious matter and I couldn’t fit it all into one question)

1. Read Facebook posts.  I have no idea why I do this.  I never write anything, I never post anything, and most of the time people that do post things are people that I either a. always know what they are doing anyway or b. people that I haven’t seen since high school and I don’t know why I really care anyway.  With that being said, I do it anyway.  I get on EVERYDAY and most of the time it is multiple times.  It is like I am addicted to procrastinating and avoiding the things that really need to be done.  So here we go, a public announcement that I am not signing in to Facebook for 1 month. Goodbye post reading. 

2. Check blogs.  I love reading blogs.  I love reading the ones that I wish I wrote, I love reading about people I know, I love reading the ones about people who are living through life changing events and discovering a new life, and I love reading the ones that have wonderful ideas, the how to blogs  (as a side note, I recently found  www.younghouselove.com.  I am a fan.  It has wonderful ideas and fun projects that I am going to do).  So the question here is, why do I check some of the blogs throughout the day. Again, to waste time, to avoid what must be done.  And what am I going to do about this: Check blogs in the morning only.  (or at night, but the point being one time a day, I don’t really think things will be updated, I am just in the habit of clicking to click).  Ok, so there I go.  Once a day. 

3. Try to Work.  For some reason, I continuously try to get work done when it is impossible.  When Owen is at school, Ivy cannot play alone.  She never does anything on her own when he is gone.  He can be outside while she is inside with me and she can play and gather and do things on her own, but when he is gone away, mostly at school, she will not let me work.  I know this already, so why do I continuously come home and sit at my desk.  She will then open the drawer, climb up on the desk and sit in front of me.  I try to check some emails, get a few things done and start my at home work day, yet it always ends up in one of two things happening.  1. I get frustrated with her cause I can’t get anything done, or 2.  I can’t get anything done and then I click on Facebook and blogs, but I do it all the time anyway, like this will be the day.  How about no work while Owen is at school.  This would be a good time to pick things up around the house, she loves to help do that.

It is time to management my time and my day better.  I will start now.  (just right after I check out the daily post from younghouselove.com…I forgot about that one today….)

And should I be concerned that the neighbor girl just came in with a plastic knife and a slightly evil look on her face and said “Owen is being mean to me.”.  Hmmmm, maybe I should check that blog later and go outside.

No comments: