Friday, November 5, 2010

This is so boring

The only reason we picked Puerto Rico was for us to attend a seminar.  A two day seminar about bankruptcy law.  We signed up for the Advanced Topics in Chapter 13.  Here we sit, me, Angie and Dad.  First off, let me say that this is not advanced topics.  I think I could  teach this seminar. 

My dad is desperately trying to get his computer connected to the Internet, I am editing pictures that I put on my computer last night and Angie is trying to get my dad’s phone to work like a modem. 

The worst part about this is that it is 12:00 on Friday.  We have to  be here until 4:45 today and then from 8:00 – 4:45 tomorrow as well.  But, on the bright side, I will take one for the team, after all, the conference brought us to Puerto Rico.  Without the conference we may have never came to an agreement as to the location of our long awaited, highly anticipated family trip. 

So, I will sit here and listen to hypotheticals and people who think they are back in law school and I will be reminded how happy I am to be in our office in the 9th Circuit (not the 10th – goodbye Utah) with my extensive knowledge about bankruptcy.  Seriously, attorneys are such nerds!

I will also be happy with our collected loot!  There are a lot of companies here trying to sell us their services.  We have collected thousands of pens, squishy stress pigs, beach balls, backbacks, visors, millions of reusable grocery bags, chapstick, a mug, snacks, a USB hub, sunblock, yo-yos, gold chocolate coins, and a flash drive. 

There is something so fun about free.  Even if we need none of it!  (except the pens and maybe the squishy stress pigs).

I would rather be doing this stuff and hanging out with these guys:

IMG_6348 IMG_6340

IMG_6345

IMG_6354

IMG_6265

IMG_6423

IMG_6512

IMG_6519

IMG_6554 IMG_6535

IMG_6565

IMG_6590

IMG_6596

IMG_6617

IMG_6619

IMG_2937

IMG_6699

Sunday can’t come quick enough when we are free again to frolic.

1 comment:

lorioreo said...

Love all your pics! I could almost smell the ocean air! And could everyone be any cuter?!! I'm so glad you all got to go together. This is a trip you will never forget.