Monday, November 8, 2010

Couples Massage

We made it through one of the most boring seminars  I have ever been to.  Well, boring that is until we brought in the big guns..Steve’s iPod with Mancala and Moron Test.  I was down 2 games to 7 in Mancala, then I staged a wonderful comeback making the score 7 to 7.  Angie ended up ahead 8 to 7 but only because we ran out of time.  We are definitely not done. 

After the seminar ended it was time for our scheduled massage.  Emilee, Felix and Kristi were there before us and we couldn’t wait to hear how it went.  The people checked us in and took us to our locker with a robe, towel and shoes.  As we were changing the others came in to give us the massage info.  The report back was that it was ok.  We were a little nervous.  I know, who gets nervous for a massage… my family. 

Angie and I headed back to the relaxation room to wait.  They came back and said the massage would be together.  We thought they were confused, you see, with our free timeshare gift we could either do 25 minutes each of a couples massage with Steve and Greg – which was not an option, way too intimate I am sure, or a full 50 minute massage each.  We let them know that we were going to take the full massage each.  They knew that.  They said they prefer to do it together.  I guess that is what we get for free.  Ok, together it was.  Imagine if we were nervous before, how we must have felt now. 

Off to the massage room.  It was a big room with candles and low lights and music and two massage beds.  It was very romantic.  They said we could hang our robes on the door and lie down and they would be back.  We were laughing and couldn’t stop.  Angie said with big wide eyes that she was glad we didn’t take everything off!  I agreed.  We took off our robes and hopped onto the beds.  I looked over and saw Angie with her face in that thing and I could not stop laughing. Everytime I thought of us I would laugh.  I figured I better stop this before they came back or this could be the weirdest massage they have ever done.  Deep breaths. 

They came in and started the massage.  I almost laughed only a few times.  The massage finished and we were left alone.  I started laughing again.  Angie started laughing again.  We put on our robes and then we discussed our shoes.  I had the teeniest shoes ever.  I was telling Angie that as I was putting them on I thought, oh, Angie must have given them my shoe size when she made the appointment.  Then I realized they randomly picked a locker and I randomly picked my locker.  Angie could have had these tiny shoes.  We started laughing again. 

Our massage people were waiting outside the door with our water.  We opened the door and they noted that we seemed like we were having fun.  We were.  We took our cold glass of water, which was delicious by the way, it was flavored with cucumbers, limes, lemons, and strawberries.  We would totally recommend it.  As a side note, I don’t think they have lemons here, at least not very many.  At dinner, when we order water with a lemon, we get a lime, and the massage people were having a hard time remembering the “yellow one” to tell us what was in our water. 

We drank our little piece of heaven, changed our clothes and left. 

Our final verdict: we thought it was much better than ok, but we are sure that was because we did it together. 

Thank you Angie for all you do for me and for being there when I need you, and thank you for lying on that bed with your face in that thing.  It was my kind of massage – one full fun and laughs.  It was just what I needed and I wouldn’t have wanted to do it any other way.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

That is what happened to Patti and I when we went on our cruise. It is fun to do it with a fun sister!

Heather Jones said...

what a fun trip you guys are having, even with boring conferences! We tried to do the whole presentation and spa thing in Arub with the whole fam we got screwed! We all wanted couples massages but, never even got through the presentation because they found out we just wanted the free stuff and did not want to buy anything. They kick all 12 of us out. My mom let them have it pretty funny. Glad you guys got yours! I got a gift certificate from Todd for christmas for a massage and still have not used it because I am so nervous. Maybe I will have to take my sister!! Glad you guys are having fun your kids are so dang cute. Your girl looks just like you!