Thursday, November 11, 2010

A class of her own…

In case you were wondering, Kristi did come to Puerto Rico with us, and were we ever glad she did. 

She took care of babies in the ocean when their moms were too scared to get in.  IMG_6370IMG_6383

She did her best to contain Ivy in the car while Greg drove. 

She was brave enough to order chicken, local style, at our favorite restaurant, La Hacienda (there is still some debate as to whether local style chicken = iguana). 

She pre-boarded the plane with me while Greg was finding dinner, leaving her own kids to board with dad. 

She taught us how to sleep on a plane.  IMG_7089

She found a frog on her shoulder at the restaurant and calmly picked it up to take the poor guy to safety.  (I would not have been calm).

She promptly declared Monday at 4:00 pm the end of her vacation.  (I am still trying to figure that one out, but nonetheless, it was hilarious!). 

She played in the waves.

IMG_6306

She bought white bread for her kids as a treat. 

She got my dad down to the ocean.  IMG_2923IMG_6546

She brought children’s Motrin and picked out some ear drops to help Owen.

She knew when we needed a baby break.

No trip would be complete without our “Kiks”.

….poor Cinderella, if only she had my step-mom, she would have been one happy  princess. 

3 comments:

Bits & Pieces said...

What a wonderfully sweet post! Yea Kiki!!

Kristi Neeleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi Neeleman said...

Wait a minute. WHO took that picture??? The one where I'm asleep?? Hmmmmm?? Um .... yeah. I was really really really tired.

BUT ............ thanks for letting me be KIKI and be part of all the kids. I love them all so much. They have become so important to me; more than I imagined.

sincerely, your wicked step mommy.