Friday, October 1, 2010

Glad they have 9 Lives

Yesterday was a day I would have liked to rewind.  I couldn’t have done anything different, but it would have been nice to avoid the troubles all together.

I arrived at Owen’s school yesterday to a phone call from my neighbor.  I picked up the phone with a curious hello and knew something was not right.  It was T.J.  (my 15 year-old cat).  She said that she was pulling out of her driveway when she was summoned over by another neighbor to my house.  She parked her car and ran over to hear the sad cries of my poor cat as he sat trapped under the garage door.  A million thoughts started racing in my head.  I watched the garage close – all but for the last few inches.  It was definitely below the sensor.   The garage was so low when I pulled down the street that when my neighbor first mentioned my cat, I was sure he was ran over by a car. 

Poor little T.J.  He must have been tormented.  Stay? Go? Stay? Go? Stay? GO!!!!! And go he did and the garage silently closed on his waist.  I had two neighbors outside, both just leaving for the day, who raced over as they heard him crying.  I have no idea how it was possible, but, between the two of them, they were able to pry the door open just enough for him to wiggle free, and then he took off running. 

I couldn’t find him before I left for work but he was discovered at the neighbors house a few hours later with a limp.  I left work to take him to the vet.  A few x-rays and $350.00 later, he did not have a broken hip much to the dr’s. surprise. 

So, he has taken permanent residency in the garage for a week until he goes back in to be checked.

I am not sure what number life we are on, but we definitely used another one yesterday. 

1 comment:

Momma J said...

Cats are pretty resilient! When I was a little girl, we had a mother cat with a new litter of kittens. For some unknown reason, she got into a vehicle of friends that were visiting from Tooele. When they got home, the cat jumped out and ran. It took her a week, but she made it back to Bountiful, all skin and bones, but back to her litter nonetheless.