Monday, October 11, 2010

All that missing info

My blog sucks as of late.  When it is 2011 or later, and I look back on 2010, I am going to miss reading about all that good stuff that happened during this fall.  For example:

1. I won’t remember about the day that Owen wanted to eat sandwich after sandwich at Noni’s house.  I told him he was done to which he promptly replied: “I will ask Noni, she is the owner of the sandwiches”.

2. Or how Ivy eats EVERYTHING she is not supposed to.  She doesn’t just eat it and go about her merry way, no, she eats the forbidden item and walks over to me with her mouth open to show me she is eating it.  I say no, we don’t eat pennies and take it away.  A few minutes later I find myself saying, no, we don’t eat marbles and take them away.  Tonight I even said, no, we don’t eat books.  She gives me that evil little smirk and goes to find something else.

3. Or what about the time(s) in which Ivy took a marker and looked at me and quickly drew on her face until I could realize what was happening and take it away.

4. I would never remember all the reflection on my life this fall and thoughts as to what I want my kids to remember from their childhood.  Midlife crisis perhaps.

5. I should definitely write down that my child picked out some Buzzlightyear and Woody Pjs and wants to wear them all the time.  Day or Night.  This is huge.  This is the first time he has ever been willing to wear character pajamas. 

IMG_6058

6. Or how about that Owen tied his own shoe and rode his bike on two wheels on Sunday.   Yes, both on the same day.IMG_6090

7. I for sure want to remember that I do not hate exercising.  I love yoga, but truthfully, I have found most other things a bit boring.  BUT! I am loving my bootcamp fitness class. (www.totalsweatfitness.com)  I will not lie, at first – STRONG DISLIKE for it.  7 weeks in, I love it.  I am over the injuries, the aching feet, knees, and ankles, in part due to the really expensive magic matching shoes Angie and I bought.  The only problem? Angie and I set out to try it out for the first 8 weeks, then Steve and Greg could have a turn.  Hmmm, how to keep going?

8. I will remember this because it seems like a given, but I am so busy.  You know how you hear all that stuff about take time for yourself, put yourself first and then you can be better to those around you? Well, I don’t know when those people find the time for themselves…the middle of the night?

9.   I would never remember inviting Owen’s new best friend over to play.  We had a fun filled afternoon with pirate maps, treasure hunting, eating, playing, and birdhouse painting.

 IMG_6019 IMG_6023

IMG_6027 IMG_6028

IMG_6037IMG_6036 IMG_6042IMG_6039

10. I definitely want to remember the map Owen drew for me and Noni.

IMG_6033

11. And the pumpkins we carved – apparently it was Owen’s first time ever carving pumpkins.

IMG_5998

12. And of course, that Ivy loves to wear Owen’s underwear on her head.

IMG_5968

And now I have a start to some history of the fall of 2010. 

3 comments:

Momma J said...

Those are the cutest pictures! I'm so glad you blog about the everyday things! It makes me feel like I am right there with those cute kiddos!

jettsons said...

Wow, I can't believe how much time is going by. Owen is growing up so fast, and look and your little artist! This post makes me miss you guys!

Lori said...

I love the underwear on the head! She's so cute! I can't wait to get her and Cameron together (she'll probably push him over, her tiny little self).