Friday, August 6, 2010

I am a little stressed

I am about to have a party.  A party for a boy who turned 5.  A party that has 15 children at it.  I have never had a true kid party before.  One with kids and a game or two and a take home bag.  Owen has only ever had two friends to invite.  We have done a much more intimate setting.  He has expanded his social network and we are going all out.  This party for 15 is at my house.  I am stressed on so many levels, for example, what if it isn’t fun, what if the bouncy house forgets to come, what if my treasure hunt is a flop, what if the wind doesn’t stop and the clouds don’t leave.

In the end, I must realize the boy that is 5.  At 5 he wants to play, eat cake and open presents.  I am sure I can host a party consisting of those things. 

5 hours till kickoff!

Stay tuned…….

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I'm sure the party will be tons of fun - the kids have probably been bouncing off the walls in anticipation. Don't worry 5 year olds are easily entertained and they will love it! You are a good mom to put so much effort and time into this party. Take lots of pictures - Owen will only have on 5 year-old birthday party!
Wish him a Happy Birthday from me!
Love you tons,
Aunt Cathy