Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Miracles

Two things happened today that were miracles, at least in this household.

The first being Ivy’s nap.  A miraculous 4 hour nap.  4 hours! Are you even kidding me.  I don’t think she has slept that long other than in the womb, and even then it is questionable.  I just kept waiting and waiting for the famous cry to come get her.  A little whimper would come and then silence.  It was indeed a miracle.IMG_5276

The second being related to my phone.  I left it home today while we were out, not on purpose of course.  So, the miracle is not leaving my phone at home on accident, but rather the fact that I did not die!  I am honestly addicted to my phone.   I told Owen we had to hurry or we would be late to where we were heading.  I was down the street and realized the little pink phone was no where to be found.  I mentioned running back to get it and was promptly and accurately reminded that we would be late if I got it.  Deep breath in and we were off.  I wanted it multiple times and had I had it, Angie would have known I was just down the street buying our dad a taco and I would be right back.  As the trusty little friend rang unanswered on the floor at home, Angie and my fresh eggs zoomed off to her house.  Had little pink been in the car, Greg would have known we were running late at the office and we were ok. 

But Greg is fine and we were fine, I am fine and the eggs will be there tomorrow.  

Today was such a good day that I am getting greedy, the next miracle on my list: Owen to eat vegetables. 

1 comment:

Geoffrey said...

What a wonderful photo of Ivy! She is growing up so fast! Happy for your wonderful miracles, and more importantly, that you see them in that way. Hope your next desired miracle comes true too.