Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lack of Groceries

I don’t grocery shop in the summer.  I stop a time or two each week for an item or two, but nothing major.  I don’t think we have shopped, really shopped for groceries all summer.

This is evidenced by the fact that we have no milk, butter, cheese, bananas or bread, oh and we just ran out of dish soap.  Who doesn’t have that? And for heaven’s sake, what are we eating?

Well, for dinner I had graham crackers with vanilla frosting, both of which lack dairy and eggs – hooray.  (I only have these after an impromptu stop at the store after yoga tonight, they sounded delish!)  Owen had macaroni and cheese for lunch with the last of the butter and the last of the milk.  I had to add water to replace the milk I didn’t have.  Ivy had black beans for lunch with avocado.  (not bad on that one!)

Owen’s friends were asking for some snacks today, I kept hearing Owen say, “we are all out.”

I just keep wondering if the lack of groceries is a sign that I do a little of everything resulting in a lot of nothing.. or perhaps a sign that we are thoroughly enjoying the warm summer time.  I vote #2, even if the answer is #1. 

Yes, 2 it is!

1 comment:

Emilee said...

ha ha - I love that Owen told his friends that you were all out!! I wonder why it is harder to go to the store in the summer. I have the same problem!!