Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trouble

I forgot what it is like to have a baby that moves.  Always pulling herself up to stand, moving around on furniture, crawling from here to there.   Life was much easier when she had to stay put.  Here is the list of a few things I never had to worry about.

IMG_2373

1. Picking the chocolate chip off the kitchen floor.  After walking away Owen started yelling, MOM, MOM, look at Ivy! She is eating chocolate!! She looks up with a chocolate (happy) face.  So I suppose I should make note of that, 1st taste of chocolate – 7 months.

2. Pulling the leaf off my plant and starting to eat it.  (the same plant that is covered in bitter tasting spray to repel the cats)

3. Holding on to the kitchen stool only to pull it down on her head. IMG_2443

4. AND! Most of all, I never had to worry about Owen peeing and Ivy pulling herself up to stand and reaching in the toilet to splash in the pee!!!! 

Yes, life used to be much easier.  (but she sure is cute)

IMG_2424

(and for the record, I was in the bathroom, she was standing next to the tub ready for a bath, I was getting her bath out of the closet and suddenly, Owen screams, AHHH!! AHHH!!!.  I turn around and now we both scream, AHHHH! AHHHH!!!.  Chaos. The only logical answer as to how this most unfortunate event occurred: Ivy has superhero powers – sort of like Dash from the Incredibles.  No way possible she got from where she was to where she went and stood up in the second I turned around . )  

IMG_2400

4 comments:

Patti :) said...

This is so funny, Bracken did the same thing yesterday morning with Brenden going potty. Kids are fun.

Bits & Pieces said...

This is one of those stories. You know, the kind you'll still be telling when she starts dating and she'll get totally embarassed and beg you to stop bringing it up. Ha
!!

Angie said...

and if you don't think she looks like you in that last picture... you are crazy!!!

Mini Jen.

Geoffrey said...

She is adorable and apparently pretty amazing! It is good that we mostly parent young children when we are young and energetic ourselves! I am happy to be a "grandfather" at this point! But I also remember enough to empathize with your challenges!