Saturday, July 11, 2009

Adjusting to Two

I love having two kids. It seems like little baby was always a part of what we do.

The only real disaster we have encountered was my moment of theft. After shopping at the newly designed, newly rearranged Walmart (oh how I wish it wasn't actually that much cheaper than other stores), we headed out to the car. I put Owen in the car, unloaded the groceries, put baby sister in the car and there they were, the box of taco shells. Her car seat was in the back of the basket and the shells were tucked up on the side of the seat. I stood there holding the stolen item and contemplating what to do. Both children are in their seats, I was tired and really ready to be done. I REALLY did not want to go back in. Moral dilema indeed. Even more so in that during this particular shopping trip Owen and I had a long discussion about stealing as we moved throughout the store . I explained what it was, that we don't take things without paying for them and that if we do we could go to jail. And then a few short moments later, his mother stole the shells.

Going back in was not an option. Instead, I called Greg and told him to stop by Walmart on his way home and pay for my shells. Hopefully this is an isolated event and can be attributed to a learning curve of having a car seat in the basket and an almost 4 year old.

1 comment:

Momma J said...

Jen, you are an incredible mother, an incredible photographer and an ingredible blog writer! I love you, Owen, Ivy and Greg. What supreme joy there is in being part of your lives.