Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

What a great night we had trick-or-treating with Noni in Edmonds. We have been for 3 years now and we love it. We love the popcorn, the hot chocolate, the photography studio that takes free pictures of the kids and the monster music playing throughout the streets. (Trick-or-Treating to the Ghostbusters song - heaven).

Owen had as much fun as a three year old has on Halloween. He did really well for about 4 places, then he was a little distracted and needed my gentle coaxing of saying, "say trick-or-treat", "say thank you". Eventually he found the popcorn and I was instructed to hold the candy bucket. Then it got worse. He informed me that he was too hungry to say trick-or-treat and that I had to do it. At each business he would look up at me with eyes that said, "it is your line". I would obediently say my line, get the candy and it was off to the next business. At one point he said, "after they give you the candy, you need to say thank you". Oh, well of course.



He was very concerned about his snake tail all night and insisted that I carry it for him. At one point I was holding a hot chocolate, bag of popcorn, bucket of candy, baby wearing blue clothes and a tail. What a great night!!


After trick-or-treating, it was off to Noni's for pizza and pumpkin carving. She did a great job on the Monster Inc. pumpkins he ordered her to do. Sulley and Mike Wazouski. He also wanted Randall, Boo and Mr. Waternoose but Noni explained nicely that we only had two pumpkins.


Once Owen was ready to go he asked if there was some pizza left he could take with him. He packed a bag of pizza and bread, put his sauce in with the candy and let everyone know that it was late and he had to go. He said he was too busy for a picture and he had to get in his chair and leave. He pushed Noni away and told her to close the door. We left and he cried for 20 minutes about how he didn't get to give her a big hug. I think he has been talking more about that than the night's events.


3 comments:

Momma J said...

Wow I love you guys! Wish I could be there for trick-or-treating with Owen - what a sweet boy.

Cathy said...

Jen,
You are a good mom and Noni is a wonderful aunt. What a great night! Thanks for sharing.
Love you tons,
Aunt Cathy

Alysa said...

he is so cute