Thursday, November 13, 2008

M.I.A.

Where have I been you ask. Where is my update on my favorite crazy child you wonder.

Well, I will tell you. I have been pondering, thinking, wondering, worrying, rejoicing, and sleeping!! And why have I been doing all of that..........................................

Here is how the story goes.

Sunday, October 19, 2008: Why am I starving!! And why is my stomach so fat today? Dismiss both to me being crazy.

Monday, October 20, 2008: Wake up and have some strange urge to take a pregnancy test. The odd part of the story is this, in 2 years of "trying" I think I took 2 tests, both of which happened after I was 3 or more days late. So, why I would do this 5 days EARLY was beyond me. Especially considering there was no trying this month, in fact, there was the opposite of trying and no fertility treatments and no drugs. I got out of bed and peed on the stick. 3 minutes go by, no expectations. I am about to throw the test away when I notice the faintest of lines showing up. I must be hallucinating. Throw the test away. Go to work. Stop at store on the way to buy another one.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008: Totally convinced the line wasn't there or I took a defective test, I wake up nice and early and pee on a new stick. Best if I just watch the clock. At 2 minutes I take a peek. Another faint line! A little darker than the first and definitely a line. I am totally not on board with these lines yet. I fish the other test out of the garbage to see if there really was a line on it. Now I can compare. Sure enough, 1st test really light, 2nd test, still light, but a little darker. Throw both tests away and decide to test again tomorrow.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008: Ok. Now I have convinced myself that it was a fluke. I am not pregnant, how is that possible. Confident that I would see one line, time for test 3. Pee on 3rd stick. Determined not to look, I watch the clock. I can't help myself and I look over at 1 minute and the infamous line is already there and clearly a line. There are obviously two lines. What does this mean? Does this mean I am pregnant? Decide maybe it is time to tell Greg. Fish 1st and 2nd test out of the garbage to compare. 3 lines, each darker than the first. After music class Owen and head over to Greg's work. While Owen is entertaining all of Greg's co-workers, I say to Greg in my most casual voice I can muster up, "I think I am pregnant". (Yes, three tests and three pregnancy lines later, I am still not sure). Well, I will test again in the morning to be sure.


Thursday, October 23, 2008: This is getting all to familiar. Pee on 4th test. 4th test is smarter, results tell it like it is, pregnant or not pregnant. No more lines for me. 20 seconds into the test, I see "PREGNANT". "Hmmm", I think. "I might actually be pregnant."

Friday, October 24, 2008: Is it possible that 4 pregnancy tests are all wrong. This was the day I was supposed to start. I was sure this was the day I would curse myself for testing 5 days early.



Saturday, October 25, 2008: Perhaps today?

Sunday, October 26, 2008: Today?


Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday..... 7 weeks in. Totally nauseous and sick. I am finally starting to believe that I am pregnant!!!

13 comments:

Bits & Pieces said...

Yea! Owen gets his Baby Saturn!

Patti :) said...

Yeah!! I told you it would happen when you weren't worried about it!! Congrats!!

Kelli said...

I am so happy for you I am crying. I am hoping it all goes perfectly for you.

Joyce said...

Congratulations but I must say, all those tests are a bit frustrating. Why didn't the first one tell you? Never mind, it doesn't matter. We are excited for you!

Jen said...

The first one wasn't enough because I had been trying for so long and I was in absolute denial that it was actually happening!! I still felt like taking even more tests :)

Hansen Family Blog said...

Oh Jen That is the best news I have heard all week. I am so happy for you guys. I hope that everything goes perfectly well.

Jen Allred said...

Congratulations!!!! So awesome! I love your story, all told in Jen Neeleman style!

Kristi Neeleman said...

I'm just glad I don't have to keep it a secret anymore! I wrote it on my blog twice and had to go back and edit it!! Whew!!
As though anyone actually reads my blog of course .... then it might actually be a problem. :P

Beckie G said...

Remember me?(Beckie Minch) I am laughing so hard right now :) Just had to comment and say Congratulations and that your son is adorable!

Cathy said...

Dear Jen,
Congratulations!
Love you tons and tons,
Aunt Cathy

Anonymous said...

Jen I am so excited for you guys! Just the other day I was talking to patrice and she was saying that harrison won't have any cousins his age to play with but now he will have 2. You and Lori's babies.Yea for babies!

Momma J said...

HOORAY FOR MAKING BABIES! I, of course, am the most excited...other than you three!!!! Bring on the grandbabies!

Lisa Loo said...

Jen I am so excited for you! You are getting closer to understanding my level of insanity. Your story was too cute. You are definitely a Neeleman. When are you due??? Congrats give Greg a big hug and a kiss.