Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Kindermusik


We started our music class!! Last Wednesday we went to our first class. I am not sure who was more nervous, me or O. I have no idea why I was nervous. I have serious anxiety problems. Owen had a great time. We sang songs, danced, played with sticks and read a book full of actions. At first he was a little unsure of the whole experience. He sat on my lap and watched everyone sing (mostly the parents at this point). It wasn't long until he was up and dancing. However...while he was up and dancing he saw my purse sitting on the chair - ALONE. He was beside himself and became insistent upon saving my purse from being left at the class. He is very protective of everyone's things and likes things to be just how they are. I tried to assure him I would not leave my purse there. He had to go and get it. So, all of the kids are playing with sticks, listening to music and he is off saving my purse. He brought it over to me and I set it next to the wall. That was still too scary and he brought my purse next to me. I had to keep it close to us through the rest of the class. Anytime he saw it sitting alone, he would yell out Mommy Purt! and run to get it. (He does this with everything, no one can touch or hold anything that doesn't belong to them and he is always afraid someone will leave their stuff behind). Once my purse was secure, he had fun again. I think he will really enjoy the class. He loves music and loves learning. It is a 15 week program.

I was hoping that we would make some friends for him in the class. We found two! Two of the little boys in the class get together for play dates, their mom's said they would call me sometime to get together. This past Sunday, they called. Now my social anxiety really set in and I was as nervous to go a playdate as I was to go to Court..ha ha ha. We were brave and met at the park yesterday to play with Aspen and Eli. We had a good time. He wasn't ready to play yet, but he watched the boys and as long as I was holding his hand, he was happy. They were throwing rocks and he was taking my jacket and hiding it in the dirt. Hopefully we will be invited again so he can get used to kids. They are having a Halloween party that they said we will be invited to. Our first party!!

We go back to class tomorrow. I am leaving my purse in the car.


No comments: