Monday, September 17, 2007

Ups and Downs



I spend most days laughing at Owen. He is such a happy baby and seems to enjoy his life. I am so happy and grateful that I get to be his mom. He made me laugh today, I told him it was time to get dressed. He ran away. I found him and told him that I bought him some new clothes. His eyes got really big and he opened his mouth really wide and he ran over to his clothes. I had no idea he would be so excited. I told him we were going to get dressed and he said underwear. He went to Greg's dresser and took out some boxers to wear. He put them on. Now he was ready to get dressed. I convinced him his diaper was good and we put them back. Getting dressed is its own activity of each day.

Yesterday, I remembered again why being a mom can be so hard! We were all ready for bed last night and I turned off the light. He told me he was going to turn the light on. I told him if he turned the light on he would have to to his room by himself. He stood by the light switch for about 8 minutes and then finally turned it on. I told him we were going to his room. He turned it off and said "dark, mommy happy". I again said we were going to his room. His little face was smiling so big when he first did it, he loves to tease me, and as he saw I was serious, it fell and actually looked so scared. I was crushed! I took him to his room and he kept saying, "light oss, dark, no mommy". ..hmmm, perhaps it wasn't that big of a deal. I decided to take him to the room. We went in and I put him on his bed, he was so sad. He stayed and cried for 10 minutes. I went in and he said he was sorry. I still can't get the look on his face out of my head!!

Greg played baseball again this year. After many games he is done playing for the season, in fact he told Angie's boyfriend that he plans on doing some work during the "off season". I am sure that as the word flew out of his mouth and he looked around and saw my sister and I sitting there, he realized that he should have had that conversation without us . To use the word off season is just begging for me to tease him. I cannot help myself.

Tomorrow is Ben's three year anniversary for being sober!!! I am so proud of him..HOORAY BEN.





No comments: