Sunday, April 12, 2020

School is Gone

It became official last week that school is out for the year.. well normal school.  We will still have online school, but regular school is gone.  Some parts of that make me happy and some parts of that make me sad.

These things make me sad:
1. 5th grade camp
2. 8th grade dance
3. Autumn spending more time with her teacher
4. Seeing the girls walk away in the morning one last time together
5. Getting to take official last day of school pictures
6. 5th grade celebration
7. The last day of school
8. The kids seeing their friends
9. Picking up Ivy for gym and seeing her walk out everyday
10. Having Owen call me everyday at the same time to tell me he is home
11. Taking both girls to school together
12. Science day
13. 8th grade bridging ceremony
14. Normal school

These things make me happy:
1. Not spending two more months with some people
2. Sleeping in
3. Staying up late and watching too many movies
4. Having the kids home with me everyday
3. Not caring about a bedtime (mostly)
4. Getting to have the kids home with me everyday
5. New ways of learning
6. Less scheduled life
7. Taking walks with the kids
8. Seeing the kids playing outside with each other
9. Random pictures on my camera
10. Getting to learn with the kids
11. Still being able to take pictures on the last day of school
12. Too many Mario games
13. Zoo videos
14. Journaling and making daily lists

I try to remember that for everything we are missing, we are getting something that we wouldn't have otherwise.











No comments: