Friday, April 17, 2020

Roasting Marshmallows

I am not sure why it takes a quarantine to slow down and enjoy life.  It is so odd and fascinating to me that people need permission to relax, permission to be still, and permission to rest.  I keep seeing countless posts on Facebook about kids learning to cook, work in the yard, play games, and do all the things that people once did.  It almost feels like we all went back in time, and that isn't a bad thing.

Even here, with the new found permission to slow down, we sat around the new fire pit a few nights ago and roasted marshmallows.  I keep realizing that sometimes I am more scared to go back to normal than I am live in this time.  I worry my kids will say, "remember the quarantine time, that was so fun".  I worry I may say the same thing and with the permission taken away, we will just fall back into the life that we do because everyone is doing it.

I have no idea when this will end or what it looks like, but for now we have this and for this I am grateful.


















No comments: