Saturday, March 15, 2014

I am afraid of her teeth

Greg usually brushes the kids' teeth, but the other night they asked me to.  As I was brushing Autumn's teeth, I asked her to put her teeth together and smile so I could brush the front teeth. She did that, yet, her teeth weren't even close to touching in the front! Um, small child, can you do that again? She did and much to my dismay, the teeth matched up the same as three seconds before. 

This was one of those moments when you panic on the inside and yet try to look calm on the outside while you smile and say things like, "your teeth are amazing" and "I love when you put your teeth together like that". I couldn't let her see me panic, all the while I am secretly freaking out on the inside, wondering what this means and trying to decide which professional should be helping me. 

After studying these strange teeth while she sleeps, I am still not sure if the front top teeth need to be pushed back or if her bottom jaw should be shifted forward. Now, I haven't completely panicked yet because she still has a binky. The space in the teeth is definitely where the binky sits and there is a good chance things will move around when it is gone.  I am not in 100% panic mode yet. Soon, but not yet. 

Here she is with her teeth closed. 

Poor problem teeth child. She already had two bottom teeth grow in as one and now this. Now she is miniature with a mullet and weird teeth. Poor little thing. 

No comments: