Friday, March 14, 2014

Facebook

I have a confession - I check Facebook way too much. I have a busy brain and it is the perfect busy mindless task to take up time and space in my head. Let me explain how this works....When I have entirely too much to do and I don't know where to start... Check Facebook. When I am in the middle of something hard for work... Suddenly stop and check Facebook.  Look at the messy kitchen...check Facebook. Quite honestly, I don't know what I go there for. I mostly follow pages rather than people. The people post a link to something, I follow the link, that link goes somewhere else, and before I know it, I have a head spinning with information and got nothing done. 

I am addicted to information and Facebook is nothing good for an information junkie. 

In an effort to break the cycle, Emilee and I went cold turkey. We signed off until April with a rule: each time we sign on during the next month we have to put $1.00 in a jar and at the end of the month Angie gets all the money. Horrible, right? Now if that isn't a deterrent, I don't know what is.

It has been a little over a week and I cannot lie, it has been hard. I have even considered paying my $1.00 a time or two. I can't respond to a friend request, I can't reply to a message, I can't see what Food Babe has does recently, I can't look at my boot camp group page which tells me who is coming to my yoga class, and I don't know the latest home remedy that I could be using. It is amazing that I am still alive actually.  

So as we move into April, I am curious what happens. I am over checking it all day long, just because. But, can an information junkie with a jumpy brain check it once a day or once every few days?

I have a feeling the Facebook money jar will be around for awhile.  Not wanting to give Angie the money may be my only hope and works like a charm. (Especially after seeing her joy in the prospect of so much money... I must prevail!!)

No comments: