Thursday, December 27, 2012

The days after

T'was the day after the day after Christmas and all through the house;
Not a creature was stirring except Auttie, our mouse.
The stockings were scattered all over the floor;
With signs that St. Nicholas could not have done more.

Owen and Ivy were nestled all snug in my bed;
As fevers and aches took over their head.
With Greg back to work, I put on my cap;
And took care of sickies with oils and a nap.

Upstairs there were often sounds and some clatter;
I would head on up to see what was the matter.
Coughing, crying, throwing up in a flash;
Sneezing, sleeping, and movies, we had quite a bash.

The sickness and lack of any new-fallen snow;
Made me question if Christmas really happened below.
When, what to my wondering eyes would appear;
But untouched presents and signs he was here.

This came on so sudden, so lively and quick;
We never asked for this present from jolly St. Nick.
Now sickness please leave quick, as quick as you came.
We are over you now, we are done with your game.
Now coughing! Now fevers!
Now aches and pains!
On stuffiness! On sleepiness!
On virus and germs!
To the top of the porch!
To the top of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away!
Dash away all!


2 comments:

Momma J said...

Super cute poem! I love your creativeness and I love your sweet family!

Jen A. said...

So creative! Sorry for the circumstances that it had to be written:) Hope the new year brings you much health and happiness, you deserve it!! Happy Holidays,
Jen