Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sign me up!

I have so much going on and it is all my fault. You see, when the school sends out an email that they still need someone to teach the Junior Achievement program to Owen's class, I think in my head: well, I don't have any idea what they are talking about but I can't let Owen's class go without, sign me up!

Or, when I get a paper sent home about all of the wonderful PTA volunteer positions and I read they need a yearbook lead, what goes through my head? You guessed it, sign me up!

Or when I see the volunteer sign up sheet at Ivy's school I immediately sign up for the field trip.

I fear I am just an email or two away from PTA president and I am afraid I won't be able to stop myself.

The pressure is mounting tonight: we have to refinance our house by the end of the month and the appraisal is in the morning before we go to school; I have a client who has his own vet business and filed a chapter 11 to save the building and I need to get some work done on it before he loses his business because of me; I am in charge of our books at the office and suck at doing just a little each day, which means I have entries to make since February and it has to be done and reviewed by the accountant by December 10 to decide whether we need to set up 401k plans to reduce our tax liability; and finally, and most importantly, in an effort to have a gmo free, mostly organic Thanksgiving, we are making some changes to the menu and Angie and I really need to figure out what those changes are.

And of course I have the day-to-day, school, clients, music, piano, carpool, gymnastics, speech, eating, balancing our bank account, boot camp, and trying to remember to have fun.

Now don't get me wrong, I am certainly not complaining, I do it to myself. In fact, I now know I have something wrong with me. I have often wondered and my suspicions were realized the day I got an email telling me there were only two other people on my yearbook committee. I think this was a bad thing but I felt relief. What can I say, I like to do things like this my way.

I need therapy to curb my controlling crazy ways, but until then I will keep volunteering and stressing cause that is what I do.

Here's to a crazy week!!

(I should take a hint from this girl)

2 comments:

Angie said...

No... You need therapy, but until then, you will BAKE!

Jen said...

I was totally going to write that!!