Monday, December 19, 2011

Things that Make me Happy

1. That little baby no longer poops during the night.   I don’t mind feeding her at night and with her sleeping in the bed it is really easy, but changing babies at night – not a fan.  This is a very happy time in my life. 

2. That we are on Christmas break from school.  No getting me and three others out the door at 8:30 every day.  Enough said.

3. Pomegranates.  I love them.  The other day I prepared two at one time because they take so long, I figured this would last awhile.  I took my delicious bowl of seeds to my desk to work and I looked down and they were gone.  I ate two giant Costco pomegranates in one sitting.  Oh well, I love them.

_MG_2401

4. That Owen has a girlfriend named Rylee. 

_MG_2468

5.  That Ivy wore not one but two skirts the other day.   She hasn’t worn a skirt for months.  This was a good day and made me realize that there is hope for her current scruffy style to change. 

_MG_2485

6. That at Toys R Us yesterday, a big black plastic snake and Owen made the baby laugh.  Not just a little laugh, but hysterical laughing.  Not giggling but screaming with laughter.  It was the highlight of my day, possibly even my week and maybe even the month.

7. That I am doing yoga at a class I love and that I am back to boot camp 2 days a week. 

8. That I have these three pictures of the baby.

_MG_2544

_MG_2545

_MG_2557

9. That Owen’s front teeth all fell out and somehow that made him able to say his “s” sound and we were able to graduate from speech therapy. 

_MG_2388

10.  That Ivy made a special box for her binky to go in during the day. (It doesn’t always make it there and there was that time when I said she couldn’t take the binky out of the special box during the day so she turned it around and held the box up to her mouth and sucked on the binky in the box.  What can you say to that?). 

_MG_2381

(aren’t the clothes awesome, see why I was so happy she wore the skirts)

11. That Ben cooked our turkey on 0 degrees for 2 hours this year.  He accidently turned his oven off and didn’t know.  It was almost as good as the year he told Greg to hold open the cooking bag while he put the turkey in it.  Greg held the bag open, Ben took the prepared turkey and dropped it in the bag.  The 30 pound turkey sailed straight through the bag without even slowing down and plopped on my floor, spilling oranges and seasoning all over.  We are not sure why we thought that bag was super strength, but it was a classic moment. 

12.  That Ivy zooms around the kitchen on her bike.

_MG_2136

13. That Angie and I both separately made list blogs tonight without knowing the other one did.

and

14. That I have a picture of both my kids in the same predicament.

IMG_3130_MG_2093

I am happy.

3 comments:

Emilee said...

I need to make a list. I love your list.

Patti :) said...

I love pomegranits too-try them with Lemon juice and a little bit of Light House blue Cheese dressing- It is the best!

Momma J said...

WONDERFUL!!! What can I say but that! What a blessing these three kids are in all of our lives! I'm so happy that all of you are part of me!