Friday, September 23, 2011

Birthday Baseball

My husband LOVES to play baseball.  I mean really LOVES it.  He plays on a league where they all play as though they are professionals.  So you can imagine my joy when I went to the baseball website to look up a game location and found an announcement for a great opportunity.  It was a chance to play a game at Safeco field, the home of the Mariners on my birthday.  The game would be against other players in the league, they would have use of the visitor’s locker room, a professional announcer, a concession stand open, introductions and the national anthem… all for a not so small fee. 

Who cares!  Happy early birthday present to Greg!

_MG_0750_MG_0772

_MG_0788

_MG_0809

_MG_0846

_MG_0862

_MG_6940

_MG_6887

Yesterday was Greg’s real birthday.  It probably sucked.  He was sick, I am days away from a baby and not the nicest I have been in my life, he already got his present, he had to do the dishes and we didn’t even make a cake.  The day he turned 36 could go down as one of the worst birthdays yet.  

Hopefully the posting of his dream day will bring back the wonderful memories and we can pretend that was his birthday instead.

Oh, and p.s. Greg, I love you.  (does that help?)

2 comments:

Greg said...

I already did pretend that it was my birthday that day. Thanks for letting me share your birthday this year. Best...Present...Ever!

Oh, and I love you too!

Kathi and Bob said...

What a great "guy" gift from a wonderful wife! Hope the baby is here soon!