Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In the Name of Fashion

I am a financially savvy person.  I make good decisions and manage our money with great skill.  In fact, I was telling Greg we had our spending fund set aside for Puerto Rico and he commented that I am great with money….this is all before I went clothes shopping at Old Navy to buy Owen some school clothes.

Once I got there I was finding nothing great for Owen. They had a lot of jeans and he hates jeans, more specifically, “they don’t feel right”. He only has 2 non-jean pants and I can’t imagine a 5 day school week with a constant battle of not feeling right clothes. 

In a state of sadness that there weren’t more options, I strolled out of the boy’s section with my one pair of pants, and that is when it happened, all my financial reason went flying out the window.  I can’t help myself.  I found the cutest grandma sweater for Ivy, off white, three buttons, long with a hood; a gray sweater dress; and a pair of brown boots that will look darling with the sweater dress.  My financial savvy self - gone.  I don’t know what happens to me, I see these items and I don’t even look at the price tag.  Of course, none of them are on sale and are more than half my entire purchase, but I don’t even care.  The price tag was not going to make me put them back.  I have no idea what comes over me, but the idea of her cute self wearing the clothes takes over all sense of reason.  

So, in closing, I may have to forego a meal or two in Puerto Rico, but my baby girl sure will be cute!

P9075191

P9075192

(She wore these to bed tonight. She would not let me take them off. )

4 comments:

Momma J said...

oh my gosh - that is the cutest ever - I am partial to grandma sweaters you know :) .... I say every once in a while you just have to go for it! Love you guys!

Kelli said...

I have the same problem with MaKayla I have to just buy there is no reason. Lol

Kathi and Bob said...

Ah, the fun of having a girl! How cute she looks and now I know what a grandma sweater is!

BYU Hottie said...

I think the sweater is worth the sacrifice. :)