Wednesday, December 16, 2009

If Only

There I was, in third place.  For some reason I couldn't run very fast, it felt like my legs were in jello but I was giving it all I had. It didn't look good for me.  The finish line was at the girl's house who was in first place! But what is this? She forgot how to get into the yard and took a wrong turn!!  My jello legs, although very sluggish, pushed through.  Suddenly second place disappeared and I was winning.  The girl in first place didn't have jello legs and was catching up to me.  Luckily, jello legs and all, I crossed the finish line first and won The Amazing Race.  1 million dollars!! (plus my entry fee back).  Life would be different from this moment forward. 

And then Ivy cried and Owen pulled my hair in his sleep.  There I was, in my bed of people without my million dollars (probably still had my jello legs).  And before I drifted back to sleep I smiled as I remembered what it felt like to have a million dollars if only for a second!!   

I choose to believe this particular dream is a sign!

(Not so much Greg's dream from the other night in which I was an extremely religious person able to play beautiful symphonies on the piano, as I am pretty sure that one means he is leaving me for someone far different than myself.)

No comments: