Saturday, November 21, 2009

I must be crazy

New Moon started at 10:00 tonight, I was there when it started.  I won't be there when it ends.  I am home in my pajamas now. 

A friend of mine was having a New Moon party.  25 of her girlfriends were coming over to eat and attend the much anticipated show. On a whim she invited me. 

After much contemplation, I went.  Now, when I say much contemplation, I am not kidding.  The decision to go easily consumed a good part of my day.  And finally, I made the decision to go. 

I went late.  On purpose.  I brought Ivy.  On purpose.  (I wasn't about to go alone.  She is only 4.5 months but at least I knew her and I don't like going places where I don't know anyone).  Luckily she cries when she is with Greg too long and she misses her mother.  They knew this part of the story, I left out the part that I am shy and wanted a friend. 

It was a dinner party.  I ate before I went.  Delicious cheese sticks followed by a dinner salad at Red Robin.   I ate two snap peas at the party with a glass of pomegranate/cranberry juice with gingerale.  That was good. 

Then the movie.  I held my friend close and we stood in line.  Upon the mad dash into the theater, I ended up near the only person I knew from the party (other than Ivy), not by her but near her.  I missed Angie at this point.   The movie started and I fed Ivy with the hopes of a quick sleep.  She finished eating, slept for 15 minutes and then woke up.  Now this was not just awake, reposition, back to sleep awake.  This was early morning, fully rested awake.  I took her to the side to rock her back to sleep.  Instead, she began to watch New Moon.  Yes, my small baby was intently watching a show about vampires and werewolves.  I turned her around and she turned her head back.  I want to be close to her in my life and do things together but I was pretty sure that watching New Moon together at the young age of 4.5 months was not appropriate.  So we left.

We left with her laughing and smiling all the way out. 

I came home to a warm cozy house.  The credits were rolling on the tv.  Greg and Owen were fast asleep on the couch (that is until I heard a thud, turned around and Greg was spread out on the couch and Owen was lying on the floor asleep).  Ivy was asleep in her car seat.  This was more my style. 

Angie asked me early in the night "What do you want to do."  I said that I didn't know.  I realize now that I knew.  I just went anyway. 

No comments: