Thursday, November 19, 2009

4.5

It is utterly amazing to me how much faster time goes once the baby is actually here.  The last 4 1/2 months of being pregnant felt like 4 1/2 years while the last 4 1/2 months of her life have felt like 4 1/2 weeks. (I feel like I am in a scene of The Jerk - totally recommend it if you haven't seen it (I digress, back to the point)). 

I figured if I am going to suck at blogging lately, at least she should get an update. 

Little Ivy is a sweet little thing.  She weighed in at 12 pounds 12 ounces at her 4 month check up, putting her in the 28th percentile for weight.  She was 24 inches long and in the 33rd percentile for height. Her head was in the 63rd percentile.  She has been rolling over from tummy to back since November 2.  She can sit up and loves to grab everything.  She is a busy little monkey.  We tried rice cereal last week.  She didn't seem too interested, which was weird because the way she watches us eat I thought she would be a big fan.  That is okay.  I am in no rush.  She LOVES her feet, especially to eat them.  It is nice to be 4 months old when your feet are actually cleaner than your hands.  She always smiles when Owen is around.  There is something so cute about siblings.  It is worth it to have two just to see the way she looks at him.  Melts my heart everytime.  She is a fan of her mom and does not like it when I teach yoga at night.  She loves to yell and hear her voice and for some reason it sounds even cooler when I am meeting with clients.

And just like those before her, she believes sleep and being laid down to rest alone are overrated. 









Today she and Owen played.  She was Quincy. 


2 comments:

Kathi and Bob said...

She is an absolute sweetheart!

Cathy said...

I am so glad that you blogged about Ivy - I haven't met her in person yet but I feel like I know a little about her and her personality from your wonderful thoughts and pictures. These little ones grow so fast it is great that you are documenting some of the amazing things she has already learned in her short little life.
Love you tons,
Aunt Cathy