Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Magic and a Lesson Learned

1. Magic.
I was laying in bed with Owen the other night and he asked, "Mommy, how does the baby get out?". Panic set in. What am I going to say? I am not ready for this! Is it appropriate to tell him that it is magic? I said the only thing I could think of.....

"Did you know that tomorrow is music class? I wonder what songs will we sing.".

"Maybe we will see the song about Rover."

Ahhhh!! Disaster averted. (for now)



2. Lesson Learned.

Owen saw an overweight person the other day. I watched him watch her and felt the words coming. "She is big mommy". I was able to snatch him up and muffle the words a bit. I didn't want him to feel bad about what he said so I just said quickly that we shouldn't say things like that because people may feel bad. Later, after we got home, I explained to him that it is ok to think things, but that sometimes it is best if we just keep them in our head and not say anything or if he wants to tell mommy softly, that is fine too. I explained that it may make people feel sad if they hear things like that and we don't want to hurt people's feelings.

So here is proof that he was paying attention...I think.
I was getting dressed the other day and Owen looked over at me. He had an odd look on his face then with a satisfied expression, he turned and said, I probably shouldn't say what I am thinking, and carried on with his task.

Luckily at this point in my life I didn't mind. I do look different and my tummy is getting bigger.
(Hopefully his thoughts were directed there and not elsewhere. )




1 comment:

Momma J said...

Ah Jen, I laughed and laughed at your comments....you are absolutely delightful! I am so glad you are the mother of my grandchildren!