Thursday, April 10, 2008

We are still here

Owen loves bringing things in the car with us, this ark from Emilee is the newest one.


After coming back from Utah I had so many pictures to post that I became overwhelmed and therefore did nothing. I have decided that is far too common a theme in my life and I am over that. Long post, tons of pictures, I am back.
So we left for Utah and had quite an interesting plane ride. The plane wasn't full and so Angie and Steve sat together with an empty seat, Greg and I sat with Owen, and Ben sat by himself (he was thinking ahead). Owen sat with me for awhile and then decided to go back to see Angie and Steve. We were getting ready to land and Owen said he wanted to stay where he was. She buckled him in along with all of his many friends. He started acting a little weird and then said he thought he was going to throw up. At that time Angie and Owen both looked equally distraught and I couldn't help either of them. They were on their own. He looked a little off and much to Angie's horror, I told her to get the puke bag just in case. She put the bag near his face, he pushed it away and said he was ok. He put on a brave face but started to cry. Uh oh. Things were not looking good. I looked at Angie and warned her to get the bag ready, he was going to throw up. Yep. She put the bag up to his mouth and he starts to throw up, Angie can barely look, she is gagging. Ben looks at Steve who is sitting next to Angie and warns Steve to get the bag ready for Angie. We are all yelling, somehow forgetting the other 150 or so passengers on the plane. We finally land, I am sweating, the puke bag comes full speed through the seats. I am now holding the puke bag, Owen says he is ok. The passengers start to file off, wait a minute, should I say the passengers and Greg start to file off. Um, what is happening, I have to get a bag from up overhead, in addition, I have three bags to carry, a blanket and an owl, Owen, and of course the puke bag. Hmmm, I don't think Greg will let that happen again. Owen, Alysa, Max, and Ryan

Max and Owen climbed out of the car right after the plan landed and started holding hands


We had a really great time while we were back in Utah, we did everything we wanted to do and saw everyone we wanted to see. Greg got to eat at Cafe Rio, I got to eat at Sweet Tomatoes. The wedding and related events were fun, we saw all of our family which was nice. We had a great Easter egg hunt at my mom's despite Emilee's kids and Owen catching a horrible cold (Emilee and I carried around a box of kleenex for most of the trip). Owen spent most of the trip singing Are You Sleeping. He threw up again coming in for the land back to Seattle, we all made sure he was sitting by me.We were glad to get back and get settled. Owen and I invited Greg to Kindermusik. Greg came to the door and Owen jumped up during the song, ran over to the teacher and told her his dad was there and ran over to let him in. He was so proud to show off his songs and the ways of music class to his dad. We were also glad to get back to preschool. I volunteered myself to a board position next year. I will be the Parent Coordinator for the toddler class. (It is a co-op preschool so it is run by only parents). My job will be to take care of the new people interested in signing up. I will talk to people about the school. Hooray for being on the board! Owen with Greg's sister, Jen

Owen giving his cousin Aubrie a hug

Yoga is still making me busier and busier. We are still teaching on Tuesdays and Thursdays but have added a mom and toddler class on Friday and an adult class on Saturday mornings. We are struggling with the mom and toddler class some. We started out with very little idea as to what people wanted from the class. We tried making it for the toddlers but most of them just ran away. There was also a very specific group of people there, most were nursing during the class. I nursed Owen a really long time and I have nothing against it, but it still always shocks me to see people just open up and start feeding. Angie and I were a little scared. We have now decided to teach a mom with toddler class. It is 45 minutes long and the first 10 or so will be for the toddlers, then the rest will be for the moms. The kids will be there with toys and can play. Basically, the mom can bring the kids to their yoga class. Hopefully this expands the type of people in the class. I am still a little scared.
Owen took this picture (and about a million more) of Angie

Greg told me the other day that I have been really pleasant lately (if I am pleasant lately then there is something to compare to which would mean perhaps that I was, at one point, unpleasant). I want a wedding band to add to my ring. When I told him I wanted it, I reminded him of how pleasant I am now.

Let's see, updates on Owen.... he is still singing every second. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I heard John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt yesterday. He is always singing something. His new favorite saying is "how funny is that". He says it all the time. We were going to bed tonight and talking about our day today and what was in store for tomorrow. I stopped talking and he told me to talk more about the day. He yelled at me in his sleep last night telling me he wanted a cookie. I tried to tell him not right now and he was yelling "YES". I can only imagine how much sleep I would get if he didn't sleep in the middle. We went to the mall yesterday and for no good reason we went in the Disney Store. He found a Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Zurg that he had to have. He gathered all three boxes up, said he really needed it and barely able to hold on started to walk away. I asked him where he was going and he said to pay. He walked over to the counter and waited in line. Of course we own those toys now.
Alysa reading a book to Owen

Owen ready to go swim, he rode to the pool with the goggles on

The day ended on a positive note. Unsure exactly of what 1 oz of cheese looked like, I pulled out the food scale. It was two slices of cheese. Perfect, that is exactly how many I put on my most favorite sandwich.. Great Harvest Honey Whole Wheat bread with just cheese and avocados. (now if only I didn't eat two sandwiches in one sitting). Owen at the zoo with Greg's sister, Kati

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Great pics! IT was really nice to see you in person while we were in Utah. Owen is such a cutie. His pictures don't lie. take care.