Saturday, December 1, 2007

Snow


We are here in the snow. Not as much as Utah, but we have our fair share. The funny thing about Washington snow is that everything shuts down. Coming from the snowy state of Utah, we just sit and laugh. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the events in Marysville will go on as planned. We are headed off to an electrical parade, photos with Santa, hot chocolate, crafts and entertainment.

We took Owen to the mall yesterday and he saw Santa. He wouldn't sit on his lap, he stood in front of him, made sure I was close and shook Santa's hand and told him he wanted a choo choo. Santa gave him a little puzzle. Big elephant was kicked out of the little stroller that we have to bring for Owen to push and the puzzle took over. He pushed the puzzle all over. He keeps forgetting Santa's name and comes over to me and says "mommy, name again". I remind him and he says Nanta.

Good news about my yoga class, we end the class in 2 weeks and then our Thursday class doesn't start up again until February 2, 2008. The class was sad and asked if we could keep going straight through. I was able to add another 5 classes to our schedule next year and two drop in classes around Christmas. Someone in our class said she is so much stronger and feels so much better going up and down stairs and bending down to pick things up. Hooray for making a difference in people's lives. Angie and I are still getting used to the idea that we are yoga teachers. We are having an even more difficult time getting used to the idea that we may be good yoga teachers :).

Owen is loving the Christmas season this year. He doesn't have a clue what is coming, but the lights on the trees seem to be enough so far. He started out by telling me that Christmas was yucky but seems to be warming up to the idea. He told me that it isn't yucky anymore. He is always such a sweet baby, at the mall yesterday he found a Thomas the Train backpack. He was thrilled. He took it off the rack and packed it with an elmo backpack and we put it on his back. Looking concerned, he got another backpack, packed it with another elmo backpack and said mommy. He motioned that I should put it on. We walked around the store with our backpacks on as he said Mommy buy. O need. Luckily he was tired enough to put them back when I told him we could go home and get his orange juice for bed.

We give him a sippy cup with orange juice in it before bed - I am sure his teeth are not thanking me for that practice. He only calls it night orange juice. In fact, whenever he asks for orange juice now, he says night orange juice.

He is still following his routine of kiss, head kiss, big hug for everyone when saying goodbye. He has now added an additional element of whistling. He can't whistle so he says "woooit" in a high pitched voice. We call Greg all day at work and he says bye daddy, woooit, kisses the phone, puts the phone on his head and gives it a big hug.

Greg has him trained well... Greg has the Iowa fightsong as a ringtone on his phone. As I have been writing this I think I have heard the fight song play at least 10 times.

5 comments:

Critter said...

Watch out!
I have friends who gave their son juice in a sippy cup to take to bed every night and he ended up having a HORRIBLE dentistry experience when he was 4. Extreme pain and they ended up yanking several of his baby teeth out. Maybe you can fool him into thinking water is a tasty treat?? haha.

Angie said...

You have been tagged. Read my blog for the rules :) (Sorry)

Cathy said...

Jen,
You have been tagged.
Angie started it!!!
Check out my blog for details.
Love ya,
Cathy

Patti :) said...

I only know a couple of blogs-so you are tagged by me as well!!

Patti :)

Heather Jones said...

He is so dang cute guys I love his smile I love the whole Santa trip every year is a new reaction from one of the kids!!!