Saturday, December 15, 2007

Manners

I told Owen last weekend that if he wants to talk to me when I am talking to someone else, rather than screaming "Mommy!" he should say nicely, "Excuse me mommy" and then I can hear him better. He says it all the time, "cuse me mommy, cuse me mommy". He says it with a soft sweet voice and then he knocks his hands together or knocks on my shoulder - whatever that is about.

He is doing a good job asking nicely. Last night I put him in his car seat, he started to freak out and kick and hit my hands off of him and started screaming "Noni do it". I told him he was not acting very nice. He stopped going crazy, tilted his head to the side and said very softly, "pease mommy go away, noni do it, pease go away" and proceeded to push me away, very nicely of course.

2 comments:

lorioreo said...

He has the sweetest way about him and he is sooo smart. I love hearing about how he is growing. But as far as I'm concerned, he can stay little. Time moves much too quickly. You are a good mommy!

Joyce said...

I need to teach Abby to say "excuse me mommy," she just repeats my name over and over and drives me crazy. Anyway, to answer your question - we ARE coming to Utah in March for Beth's wedding.