Sunday, October 14, 2007

Updates
















Owen was playing with this toy in the store, I told him it was time to go, he tried to bring it with us.


We have all been so busy and I have barely had time to sit down and write anything. Work has been very busy. I have had a ton of deadlines to meet and it takes up a lot of my time. We have a terrible bedtime routine and as I am putting Owen to bed and he insists that I lay by him, it is only a matter of minutes before I fall asleep. He is asleep now so hopefully I can finish a post giving some updates on our lives.
Hiding at Target


I have been teaching my yoga class now for 4 weeks. I love it more than I realized I would. Angie and I are having a great time doing it together. We teach once a week and have 14 people enrolled in the class. We were so nervous for the first class!! We had practiced our class over and over and as the people started showing up, we were both just laughing to ourselves thinking we are about to teach a yoga class!!! After the class ended everyone clapped. We were so happy! The next test was to make sure they all showed up next week..... We went in to the next class and there they were, eager to take the next class. We have had perfect attendance since. The class we are teaching lasts for 6 weeks and then we teach another 6 week course. Most of the class has let us know they will be signing up for the second course and people have asked if we will teach next year. It is so exciting to have people enjoying what we teach. Angie and I finally get to put together the class that we want and we cannot wait until we have our own studio.


He loves eating burgers with Ben and daddy
We have four weeks of music class under our belt. It has been so good for Owen to get around some kids and he loves the class. He is so good. He sits with me and does everything the teacher asks. When the class starts we sing a song "Its our time, to sing hello to everyone, its our time to sing hello to Owen, its our time to sing hello to Ely, sing hello hello". We go through each name and do things like clap hello and jump hello. I sing this song EVERYDAY. We listen to in the car wherever we go, I sing it to him when he goes to sleep. He tells me what song he wants by waving his hand.



We went to a pumpkin patch yesterday, we picked a little pumpkin that he has been carrying around with him all day. We rode a train, ate a sucker, got a balloon and saw some goats and sheep. He wants to go back with his daddy.







He made me laugh yesterday when he told me he wanted to take his toy elephant into the store with us. The sentence went a little like this... mommy, pppppppffff (insert sound like an elephant might make), tor us. It made me laugh that he actually used the word us.


He is always taking his own picture, here he is with his Tubbies

He is still very particular and likes things the way they go. He couldn't leave the bathroom the other day until Greg fixed the towels. We usually have a purple towel on one wall and a yellow towel on the other wall. Greg had switched them during the day and Owen didn't like that all. He wouldn't leave until Greg moved them back. He was also sitting on Ben's lap the other day and they were playing. He suddenly screamed oh no, and jumped off Ben's lap. He ran over to the coffee table and closed the little drawers on the front and then ran back to play with Ben. He likes things how they go.

Greg is still doing well. He is done playing baseball for the season, we are coming in to the offseason so I suspect he will start preparing for next year. He is trying to stay in shape and he bought a weight bench with Ben. He is still liking his job, he is talking to his boss about moving up. They seem to really like him so it seems like a possibility soon. He is working on training Owen early, I came home from work the other day and I went to say hi to him, rather than getting a welcome hug or a nice hello, Owen put his arm in the air and said "Go Hawks". Greg's dream come true!

I figured I would give a quick update on Angie and Ben for those who never hear how they are...Ben is doing great, he went back to school. He is taking a web design class and a philosophy class. He needed these two courses from the Community College and then he is going to the University of Washington. He is doing really well and seems to like being back in school. Angie is also doing great, she is in Iowa now with Steve visiting his family and of course attending a Hawkeye game. (She said they spent hours in the parking lot yesterday celebrating the win).


Felix and Robee are upstairs fighting and I hear Owen saying "Eee, Beea, nice". Ha ha ha ha. Now I am laughing even more, Owen has a time out stool. He is now yelling at Robee saying, "Beea tool now". Ha ha ha ha. "eee trouble, tool now". He is his father's kid, he just came down the stairs and said "owie trouble, tool now" He brought a stool down from upstairs and sat down on it. He said he was in trouble for doing something in Felix's room.


We are heading off to lunch with Kati today, I just told Owen we were going to go see her, he said "ducks, kaki, ducks, kaki". She took him to see some ducks about 7 months ago and now everytime he hears her name he wants to go see ducks.


1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

He is so dang cute!! I need you here to teach me yoga I hear it is great and I have never tried it!!I hear it can even help with headaches.Way to go for you guys!!