Wednesday, June 13, 2012

8 months

I have always said that time they are outside my stomach moves like lightning. Time with this baby isn't any different.

She started crawling a few weeks ago, right around her 8 month birthday. She can wave and clap and thinks she is so neat to be able to do so. She is pulling herself up to stand and I found her doing just that in the front of the basket at Target tonight while I paid. I told her to say dada the other day and much to our surprise she did. Now she will say dada on cue but loves to whisper it for some reason.

She has two teeth, no hair, and is still tiny. She is allergic to corn and we are still working through that. Owen calls her his girl and she cannot get enough of him. She loves to pretend she can't crawl, fall on her tummy and lift her arms and legs and cry until I stand her up.

She loves her binky, her pink blanket and a blue phone rattle. She is not a good assistant at the office. She has a really special smile with her eyes closed that I adore.

She refuses to let us feed her and hates anything on a spoon. She eats peas, grapes, black beans, sweet potatoes, and mangos. Allergies make the food thing slow going.

She naps best in her car seat and naps even better in her car seat in the car. I call her seat her bed and the car her room.

I think we will keep her.