Monday, August 22, 2011

Gross!

Owen was outside playing this evening and came in to eat dinner.  On his way in he took off his shoes by the back door like a good son should.  A little while later he was instructed to put on his shoes to go to the store with Greg.  A few minutes later Owen ran over to me to tell me that he went to put his shoe on and felt something slimy, he took off his shoe and looked inside to find a slug.  (Slugs here are big in case you don’t know).  

It was one of those episodes where you sort of find it funny, but that is only because it is so gross and unbearable and it clearly only remains to be funny because it wasn’t you. 

And furthermore, call me what you will, but you know how as a parent you always say you would do anything for your kids, or you would take the bad things happening to you to save them the heartache, etc., etc.  Nope.  Not this time.   I don’t feel that at all.  In fact, if a slug was going to crawl in any of our shoes, I am quite thrilled it was Owen’s and not mine.

3 comments:

Momma J said...

I think slugs are gross to feel, but I would rather put my foot into one of those, then put my foot into a shoe containing a small, but incredibly pain-provoking scorpion like Jeni did in Las Vegas! That's a trip to the ER!

Kati Leigh said...

I hate the slugs here!!! They ARE so big and so disgusting!! Glad it wasn't me either! ;)

lorioreo said...

I can't believe either of you didn't run screaming into the night! That is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard and I'm cringing just thinking about it. I would check my shoes every time before putting my feet in them ever again!! Yucky! :)