Saturday, February 9, 2008

I Am Sad

I already miss him as he sleeps soundly in his little bed. Today Owen and I moved his bed from his room into my room. He has slept in the middle of our bed since he was born.

He was so proud to have his bed next to mine and I put on a brave face for him all day and shared his joy as he showed everyone his bed in mommy's room.

He is sleeping soundly now and I can't hold back the tears. I am already waiting in quiet anticipation for any movement, any stir, any whimper, any indication that he is better off in my bed with me.

Sleeping in his little bed is going to take some getting used to. I think I will sleep with his owl tonight. I seem to need him more than Owen does.

3 comments:

Emilee said...

Hooray! I am so proud of you for letting him make this big step? How did he do - all night?

Patti :) said...

It is a hard step, but so worth it. My brother-in-law never made that step, now they have a 9 year old who still sleeps in between them every night-and he is a big nine year old!!

Cathy said...

All of these little firsts are so difficult for mom. It is so hard to watch our little ones grow up and become independent - we want them to be successful and to make these steps that help them grow and develop but we also want them to stay little and to always need us. One thing I have learned over the years is that my kids will always need me, maybe not in the same ways but they still need mom's love and attention. Enjoy every step that they make and find joy in their wonderful accomplishments, you are an important part of all of them!
Love you tons,
Aunt Cathy